The Shirley Depot was located in Carlisle Road, in the Shirley area of Southampton. The depot opened in late 1800’s as a tram shed and was used until the closure of Southampton tram network on 31st December 1949. Buses started to use the depot in the 1950’s until the depot was closed and buses were moved to Portswood in 1981. The depot was used for storage until it was demolished in 1988 to make way for a housing development.
Plans of the Depot
Photos of the Depot
Here are some photos of how it looks in 2012.