Hants & Dorset took over the tours and excursion department from Tourist in May 1935 after Thomas Tilling Ltd negotiated the deal. A tours office was then constructed at the Bedford Place entrance to Grosvenor Square Garage of the City Centre. The Coach station was on a shared site with Hants & Dorset Bus Depot. Services left the coach station to destinations all over the U.K and Europe. The Coach Station closed in 1988.
A new Coach Station operated by National Express opened in 1999 at Harbour Parade close to the train station.